Prepping engine for paint.

Sunday 16 August 2015

With the frame out for powder coat, today I prepped the engine for painting.




3 coats in alternating directions, allowing 5 minutes between each coating. Then a blast with the heat gun is my approach. 

However, I'm going to practice with the top engine mount first.

Before:


During:

It says on the can to give it a heavy coating, there are a couple of paint runs on it due to the quantity of paint. Currently waiting for last coat to have its 5 mins drying before blasting with the heat gun.

After:
During heating the paint blistered in one area, so I tried popping it with a cable tie. Won't do that again. Overall though I like the finish so onwards to the engine.

I'll go easier with the heat next  time.









0 comments:

Post a Comment