Get the beers in!!

Sunday 11 October 2015

What an afternoon! But first a little catchup.
The tins are out to paint. I've decided a metallic blue base colour with cream panels, a silver pin-stripe will separate the two colours.
Currently I've not bothered sending the front mudguard to paint as I like the look without and I've not got round to shaping it and cutting it down to size. Perhaps I'll get it painted later.... We'll see.

I can't start it until the oil system is complete. So once the oil tank is back from paint, I'll connect it up, fill it with oil and all systems are go.

So, back to this afternoon, with the tanks and mudguard due back at the end of the month, it's time to start the wiring.

I've deciphered the wiring instructions that were for another unit, with incorrect colour codes and after a bit of head scratching.... I've got the starter motor to turn over.
This may not sound ground breaking, but it's definitely beer worthy. It proves the starter system works as it was 2nd hand and unused. In theory I could start the bike now. All breakers are working and diagnostic led's are working like they should.

I've ordered a super lightweight and more importantly smaller than normal size lithium battery which is still in the post.
In the meantime I'm using the battery from my quad-bike for wiring.

So with the engine ready to fire it is time for a beer!

Sadly I only have one beer left in the fridge......


It's been in there for months after the misses picked some up in the summer.
I'm not a big fruit beer fan, but with standard beer stocks run dry during World Cup rugby time..... Needs must.

....... It's not too bad actually! I wouldn't go out and buy anymore though.....but it's done the job.... I'm very happy to toast today's progress..... Cheers!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment