Electrical Gremlin

Saturday 9 January 2016

Annoyingly the main beam switch doesn't work when the engines running. The latching switch is permanently on main beam. It works fine with the ignition on and up to now I've thought all was well. It's not a big deal, just a bit frustrating that I will have to unpick the wiring and sort it out.
I should have checked it while it is running.  Oh well, my first ever wiring loom build from scratch was going a little too well perhaps haha.

Good points are that I have reassembled the side stand onto the bike. It's good to see her standing by herself rather than on the jack. I brought a new spring but I'm not 100% happy with the stand position when it is stowed. Just a few niggley jobs left as well as the levers I'm yet to buy.

Seen a nice set on Ebay but still looking around as no rush while I have the number plate and now the wiring to sort out.

Plate arrived which I'm happy with. The plate surround doesn't fit too well and covers up some of the letters on the plate. I'm going to cut up the surround a bit and then spray it up with a rattle-can.

I've called it a day today though. The wiring has bugged me a bit and I don't want to rush the fix. I'm off work next week for a few days holiday, I'll sort out the wiring then.

I might tinker with the number plate tomorrow as it's a fun job, wiring is a royal pain in the ass! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment